Hospice of Southern West Virginia has the following open position(s):
Dayshift CNA (Bowers Hospice House)
Be a part of an interdisciplinary team of skilled and caring people. CNA candidates must work well in a team environment and be willing to provide hospice care in the Bowers Hospice House. Salary to commensurate with experience.
Full Time Weekend Nurse (On Call)
*Full Time and Part Time positions available Rotating Weekend on-call and some weekday hours are required. Weekend hours are: Friday 4:30pm-8:30am Monday*
- Maintains excellent relationships with all patients and families, referral sources, employees and communities we serve.
- Provides skilled nursing care in response to patient/family calls in homes or in facilities.
- Assesses the patient’s and/or family’s needs with attention to pain and symptom management.
- Responds/intervenes appropriately during shift (call hours) to unexpected outcomes (falls, emergency room visits, etc.).
- Facilitates hospice transfer to inpatient setting, notifying hospital or skilled nursing facility admission department/supervisor, and/or emergency room of hospice patients identify, diagnosis, symptoms, and full hand off report.
- Educates the patient/family regarding care and other identified needs related to the illness of the patient and symptom management.
- Counsels and provides emotional support to the patient/family during the dying and grieving process.
- Attends death, provides emotional support, provides postmortem care and assists with patient discharge.
- Travel required with reimbursed mileage. Competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.
Education and Experience:
A graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing who is currently licensed as a RN or LPN in the State of West Virginia. Minimum of one (1) year of professional experience in the delivery of nursing services in Hospice, Home Health or Hospital, preferably two (2) years.
PRN Nurse (Bowers Hospice House)
Be a part of an interdisciplinary team of skilled and caring people. PRN candidates must work well in a team environment and be willing to provide hospice care in Bowers Hospice House on an as-needed basis. Salary to commensurate with experience.
Send resumes to:
Hospice of Southern West Virginia
P.O. Box 1472
Beckley, WV 25802
Or by E-Mail: [email protected]
For internship opportunities at Hospice of Southern West Virginia, please call our administrative office at (304) 255-6404.